This is a voluntary certification which Stone Italiana uses to implement an Environmental Management System ensuring careful use of base materials, monitoring of emissions into the atmosphere, management of chemicals and monitoring of environmental risks.
Through its Business Management System, Stone Italiana plans, schedules and monitors the following activities to protect the environment both inside and outside the company:
- Constant commitment to detecting any substances that may be harmful to human health by identifying all the hazardous materials released into the environment during the manufacturing and preparation of semi-processed and finished products. The solvents used during our production processes are within the permitted limits for pollutants discharged into the atmosphere and for air quality both during the manufacturing stage and when the final product is used. No toxic metal components are used.
- Strong focus on reducing and monitoring VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions: VOC emissions are calculated and measures are activated and kept active in order to reduce these emissions both during the manufacturing stage and when the final product is used. We achieve this by:
- Monitoring and measuring emissions in compliance with Italian law;
- Purchasing substances with lower VOC content;
- Performing chemical analyzes in the workplace and medical check-ups on workers.
- Use of renewable resources in the place of non-renewable resources;
- Continuous focus on using materials with recycled content: Stone Italiana is constantly committed to analyzing ways to reuse materials left over by manufacturing processes in order to create new, innovative materials for worktops, floors and wall cladding;
- Recycling: we set up initiatives to encourage product recycling, such as enabling solid waste materials to be reused as road surfaces, by handing them over to qualified professionals in compliance with the relevant legal directives;
- Labelling, certification and life cycle assessments for every product and material;
- When purchasing base materials, selection of the materials to purchase giving priority to those which ensure environmental sustainability or greater conservation of natural resources;
- Purchase of FSC-certified wood.